Friday, 8 February 2013

Was going well until...

Having had the day off especially for boat building (and next week as well), I wanted to get the shaft and gearbox posts expoyed in.

After a lot of hours spent ensuring every thing was lined up and where it should be, it was all tacked in place with superglue and kicker. Mixing the expoy and cutting the cloth was easy and went well, right until I cleaned the top of one of the posts that had a tiny blob of resin on once I'd finished.

Needless to say that after a bit of swearing as I heard the superglue crack, I decided to take it out, let everything else set in place and deal with it tomorrow.

Got to love building boats!

Martin